Turkey Bacon Wrapped Seared Brussels Sprouts with a Red Wine Reduction
6 slices of turkey bacon
3 oz olive oil (divided into 1 oz and 2 oz)
6 Brussels sprouts (stem trimmed and cut in half)
2.5 t honey
1.5 cup green tea (steeped)
1/2 t cayenne pepper
3/4 cup red wine
2/3 cup chicken stock
1.5 T butter
1. Brown the turkey bacon in 1 oz olive oil until just cooked, but not crispy; remove and reserve.
2. Add brussels sprouts to the pan and cook on low heat; add honey, 2 oz olive oil, 2/3rds of the green tea, cayenne, salt, and pepper; cook until tender (approximately 15 min), adding more green tea as needed.
3. Remove brussels sprouts and reserve.
4. Deglaze the pan with red wine and reduce by half.
5. Add the chicken stock to the pan and reduce by 1/3rd.
6. Turn the pan off and toss in the butter; mix in to melt.
7. Roll two halves of brussels sprouts in each bacon slice; top with pan sauce, garnish with parsley, and serve. If you like your turkey bacon crispy, place the bundles into a preheated, 400F oven for 4-6 minutes.