Doubly Cheesy Apple Panini
3 T fresh goat cheese
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t paprika
1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
6 slices multi-grain bread
1 Granny Smith apple-sliced into 1/4 in - 1/2 in wedges
1 shallot-cut in half, pealed, and thinly sliced
5 slices sharp cheddar cheese
1. Turn on your panini maker (alternatively, grill the sandwiches on the stove top in a grill pan).
2. In a small bowl, mix goat cheese with nutmeg, paprika, and pepper.
3. On a work surface divide the goat cheese, equally, between two slices of bread and spread evenly to the edges.
4. Top each slice with 4 apple wedges; then top apples with a second slice of bread.
5. Top each stack with shallots (divided equally between the two) and 2.5 slices of cheddar.
6. Place the last piece of bread on top of each stack.
7. Place the sandwiches into the panini maker (or on an oiled, pre-heated grill pan) and grill until the cheese has melted and the bread is brown and crispy.