Zucchini Salad with Brie and a Grand Marnier Sherry Vinegar Reduction
1, 6 oz zucchini
3/4 cups sherry vinegar
2 T Grand Marnier
1 packed cup fresh arugula
1.5 oz red onion-thinly sliced
3 oz brie cheese-cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 T dried cranberries
2 T toasted walnuts
freshly ground pepper-to taste
3 T the best olive oil you can get your hands on
1. Trim the ends of the zucchini and cut it in half; using a mandolin, thinly slice the zucchini halves; stack the zucchini slices on top of each other and thinly cut them lengthwise.
2. Pour vinegar and Grand Marnier into a small sauce pan; reduce, over medium-low heat, until the mixture thickens (and reduces by a bit more than half).
3. Lay arugula into a salad bowl.
4. Top with zucchini, red onion, cheese, cranberries, walnuts, salt, and pepper.
5. Drizzle the sherry vinegar reduction and olive oil over the salad.