Cheesy, savory goodness (serves 4):
1.5 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1 cup whole wheat flour
8 oz mushrooms-sliced
1/4 cup onions-small dice
1/4 lb Gruyere cheese-sliced
1/4 lb fresh Asiago cheese-sliced
1/4 cup Parmesan-shreaded
1. Whisk egg, milk, and water.
2. Add flour and salt (to taste) to egg mixture; whisk to smooth, milky consistency (with no clumps; if needed, add more flour or liquid to reach correct consistency).
3. In a sautee pan, sweat onions; add mushrooms and cook to al dente; season well.
4. Spray a small sautee pan with cooking spray; depending on your pan size, ladle crepe batter into pan in 1/4 - 1/2 cup-full increments; tilt the pan in a circular motion so the batter coats the pan evenly. Cook to golden, then flip crepe and cook other side; continue (while spraying the pan before each new crepe).
5. Assemble: in a baking dish, lay down one crepe, top with mushrooms, top with 2 slices of Gruyere, top with 1 slice of Asiago, repeat until all crepes are used.
6. Top last crepe with grated Parmesan.
7. Bake in a 400F oven until top layer and Parmesan are crisp (aprox 6-9 min).