TasteFood...that's who! A fellow contributor to a food/recipe site (Food52.com), created this indulgent, which I couldn't resist. I altered it just a tad, by adding cocoa nibs, sea salt, and hazelnuts. The results are amazing (makes ~30 cookies):
14 oz dark chocolate
1/4 cup + 1 T unsalted butter
1.5 cups sugar
4 large eggs
2 t vanilla extract
1/2 cup AP flour
1.5 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 cup cocoa nibs
8 oz coarsely chopped dark chocolate
1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts
1/4 cup sea salt
2. Remove from heat.
3. Beat sugar and eggs in bowl of electric mixer until thick and very pale in color, 4 minutes.
4. Add chocolate and vanilla to eggs and mix well to combine.
5. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa nibs together in a small bowl.
6. Stir into chocolate batter.
7. Add chopped chocolate and hazelnuts and stir to combine.
8. Refrigerate batter 30 minutes to allow to thicken. (Do not refrigerate longer, or the batter will begin to harden.)
9. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
10. Drop heaping tablespoons of batter onto parchment; top each cookie with a sprinkle of sea salt.
11. Bake in pre-heated 350 F oven until tops crack, about 10-12 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and cool completely.
Thank you Lynda Balslev!!