Sesame Almond Risotto with Parmesan
2 T sesame oil
1 small onion-minced
1 cup Arborio rice
2 t salt
1/4 cup dry white wine
5-7 cups hot chicken stock
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup sliced almonds
2 T cilantro-minced
1. Heat oil in a sauce pan and sweat the onion until translucent (on med-low heat).
2. Add rice to the pan and toss to coat; add the salt and pepper and saute, stirring constantly, on low heat for ~2 min.
3. Add wine to the pan and reduce until it's almost gone, stirring constantly.
4. Using a ladle add stock to the pan, one by one; once the rice has absorbed the first ladle, add the next one and continue. You must do this on low heat and stir constantly! The process should take 15-20 minutes. The risotto should be creamy and soft.
5. Add Parmesan and stir to incorporate. Turn the heat off and cover. Allow to sit for 2-4 minutes.
6. Garnish with almonds and cilantro.